Saturday, September 6, 2014

Berlin Day 2

I didn't do much, but I'm still exhausted. It's funny that with this trip I'm posting more on facebook, which feels a little unnatural, but it gives my mom a chance to study my bad selfies and say, "Kif, you look tired, can you rest a day?" My body reluctantly agreed with her at about 7:00 this evening.

Berlin is still stunning, artistic, and a little gritty. Today, I had 3 errands. First, find the hostel for today. Second, buy a new helmet. And third, figure out what's happening with my phone. I also bought a "power bank" for my phone since I get stressed out when I'm without power.

I went to the largest bike store I've ever seen called Stadler's today.



It's a massive store with a track around where you can ride inside. I found a helmet. People won't recognize me in Cleveland without my yellow helmet.


That's all boring. I did check a few more Berlin things off my list like the Brandenburg Gate and Bebelplaza where the Nazi party burned books books in 1933 in front of a university. No currywurst yet, I'm just not feeling it really. It does remind me of Casi everytime I see it, which is nice. I was on my bike a lot today riding around the city. Today, I took time to study German and just relax. It's exciting but brain draining to be immersed in a different language. 

Ich bin ein Berliner.



Tomorrow, I'm going to rewind my trip back to Fürstenberg and will bike into Berlin. I'll wake up Monday and will go to Potsdam and Wittenberg, and then later in the week will go to Dresden.

I am itching to get on the road again.

Gute nacht. 

No comments:

Post a Comment