Saturday, August 30, 2014

Copenhagen to Rødvig


Today was the first day of touring. Originally, I was going to go to Stege, but I decided to do a shorter trip to Rødvig instead. My bike felt a little heavy, and the wind and rain weren't cooperating. I have to get on track with my nutrition and hydration while riding on the bike. I miss trolli gummis from the states. Haribo tastes like plastic and breaks your teeth. I just want payday bars, those fluorescent sour gummi worms, and maybe a taco every other day. Hopefully I'll find what I like soon.


Today, I'm thinking of doing the rest of Denmark and getting to Rostock, Germany on Monday, and to Berlin by Thursday.

I made the concerted effort to leave the bike path and pedal to Køge today, and I'm glad I did. 




The town was a gorgeous old fishing town with colorful building. I bought apples and pears that were the best I'd had in maybe years.

This blog is going to devolve into what I ate on bike tour. 




This was as close as I could find to gatorade.

Okay, I'm done...for today anyway.

Most all of my trek was separate from cars, which is incredible.


The Baltic Sea was at my left for most of the day, but not always this visible. The houses and villages were beautiful and old. I know how those thatched roofs smell now. They do have a smell.



I kept wanting to stop. I didn't find anywhere to charge up during the day, and I used my phone for gps. I'm not always successful in Denmark with arriving when a place is still aben (open) either. I had snacks basically all day.

My highlight was pedaling the 5 miles from camp to Højstrup. There's a bunch of sights including a Cold War resistance station called Stevnsfort. It's a museum now.


And this area was the closest to see Stevn Klint too.



It was a quieter day today. Chuckled to remember a New Zealand guy telling me I really didn't have an American accent yesterday. I said, "oh, really?" and he said, "yeah, you don't so "oh my god" and "like" all the time." Do you have an American accent?

I'm about to sleep in my telt (tent). God nat.

No comments:

Post a Comment